How about a blog forum about what medieval studies and/ or medievalism has to offer a wider public? But not pitched to other academics? How would you talk about a topic of your choosing to a group of community members in a public library, for example? How do you talk about "relevance" (or the lack thereof) to undergraduates? etc.
So, let's try this. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
- Use the questions above as general guidelines. Feel free to do something else related, if you so choose though.
- You can either email me a link to something you've already written somewhere else or you can email me "new" text and (with your permission) I'll post it here.
- Anonymity will absolutely, positively, be respected.
- I welcome anything thoughtful, be it short (~ 1 PP) or long.
- This can also be an ongoing conversation, so as this goes on, longer responses to earlier posts (responses too long for comments) are welcome.
- Please spread the word far and wide, to blogs, listservs, etc. We welcome, of course, people who don't normally blog and people outside of academia.
- Initial deadline for submissions will be next Friday, 6/13.